Many people think of parent groups as being all about bake sales and fundraising. While we do conduct the annual Spirit Wear fundraiser, we are mainly about men and women working together for the Lord, providing fun assemblies for our kiddos, and providing THANKS to our teachers & staff.
We strive to create a nurturing atmosphere where teachers and administrators can do their best work—and so can our children. This is why we need your support.
PFA plans to:
- Create a bridge between the parents and teachers.
- Offer direct support and prayer for our parents, teachers and school administration.
- Provide a means of support and communication to parents outside of the classroom.
- Enhance the school community by assuring that all families feel welcomed at school.
- Enhance the school community by making sure all families are invited to participate at all levels of involvement.
There is much more to be accomplished, and we NEED your HELP. We are all moms and dads, uncles and aunts, grandparents, and friends who care about children and education. We are welcoming and friendly. We are your neighbors, and we share many of the same concerns you do.
Volunteering doesn’t mean a huge time commitment. Our meetings are just about an hour or so once a month & at times assisting in events that make a big difference to our teachers and students.
There have been more than 500 independent research studies about parent involvement. The results are startling. When parents get involved in their children’s education, grades go up, test scores go up, children become more likely to pass and to attend better schools after high school, they have fewer discipline problems, and they are less likely to use drugs and alcohol.