Portersville Christian School’s commitment to excellence extends to our athletic program. Athletics in a Christian school is an important part of the education program at Portersville Christian School which attempts to minister to the whole student – body, mind and spirit. PCS strives to provide an environment where athletes can develop educational and spiritual values. Sportsmanship, teamwork, loyalty, humble winning, and graceful losing are all lessons learned through participation on our athletic teams. Athletics is not an end unto itself, but rather an integral dimension and extension of the concept of the Lordship of Christ in every area of life. Our athletic program must be built on a solid foundation that honors Christ.
The ultimate purpose of our athletic program at Portersville Christian School is:
- To glorify God in our actions, words, and entire athletic program.
- To instill in students an understanding that participation in athletics is leadership training, which is a privilege that also carries responsibilities.
- To develop Christ-like character among our student athletes, and encourage our student-athletes to develop their God-given athletic abilities to their full potential.
- To place utmost importance on Christian character and conduct, achievement in academics, and respect for others.
- To use athletics as a training ground to equip our student-athletes to be strong disciples for Christ.
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."
At PCS, the sports we offer include soccer, volleyball, basketball and archery. This year we started a Cross Country club for grades 5-8. We participate in the SWCAC Conference for volleyball, soccer and basketball. In archery, we participate in the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP). We have experienced much success and many championships in our athletics program, but recognize that making disciples of Christ is the most important.
Junior High and High School
In the fall, boys in Junior High and High School have the option of playing soccer. Girls can play Junior Varsity or Varsity volleyball. In the winter, students can play on the boys or girls Junior High and High School basketball teams. Co-ed archery is also an option for students in grades 7-12.
Students in elementary can participate in elementary sports. Elementary students can have fun with Co-Ed Little Warriors in the early grades and elementary basketball in the upper elementary (grades 4 and up). Students in grades 4 and up can participate in Archery (Co-Ed). This year elementary students could also participate in Cross Country Club beginning in 5th grade.
*POSTPONED* - JH Girls Basketball vs. Central Christian
January 20, 2022 |04:00 PM - 05:00 PM -